Monday, September 15, 2008

On my mind

I have to say how glad I am to be back online. Our cord went bad and we've been with out the Internet since Thursday evening. I've had plenty to do though.


Lilly is finally feeling better after 5 days with a fever. Poor thing was miserable. But she's back to herself and looks cuter then ever with her new hair cut.

I've been purging through my girls clothes and doing the laundry...12 loads to be exact!!! This picture is just my sock pile! That's why I'm purging! My girls have enough clothes for about 4 little girls and that makes for WAY too much laundry.

This week I am working on picking the Christmas program for the children. I am having a really hard time doing it because so many of the plays are cheesy. But the kids want something fun so I'm trying to find the right balance. I would love to just do the story of Jesus' birth and nothing else, but I know some of the girls are hoping for a comedy. Any thoughts on how I can make the Birth of Christ a comedy? I did find one dusty old play from before I was born in Berta's office that has some potential. Its a little Hell, Fire and Brimstone in the message but I think can work with it...maybe?

My stack of books to read is growing. So much to read and so little time. Right now I'm reading Hearing God by Dallas Willard. Its a little over my head but I'm working on it. I also have Stronger than you think and having a Mary Heart in a Martha World. Not to mention any of the Lori Wick and Francine Rivers books in my stack. I'm also trying to finish up my study of Ephesians so I can start my study of Proverbs 31. I am really excited about that but already have my next study in mind after that. The curse. I really want to study on that cause so many christian self help books talk about the curse and how it affects this, that and the other thing. I just want to see for myself what the curse really means for us today and how it affects us in our everyday lives.(Clint and I really need to buy a good commentary)

Sorry for flipping from one subject to another...just got a lot on my mind :)

No comments: