Thursday, September 11, 2008

isshoes...
It was time for Gus to move up to a new size of shoe. He however, was not very happy about it. First of all its all I can do to get him to wear shoes rather than boots most days but if I do succeed, these green shoes that are getting to small are the shoes of choice. I kept bringing the blue ones out and getting all excited about them. Then I'd try to put them on his feet and he'd grab them and throw them saying "no shoes!" I even resorted to using the other kids to act like they were going to take the shoes and wear them to make him want them. That didn't work either. So this weekend I explained the situation to Clint. he took that matter into his own hands and forced those shoes onto Gus' feet. He didn't like it one but but Clint didn't care. This was one battle that the 2 year old was not going to win. I of course was pleading with Clint. "honey, the shoe still fit him a little, we could wait a while..."blah, blah, blah you get the picture. He said if he didn't get this taken care of I was gonna have to fight with Gus about it later so just let him deal with it. So true, so true. So my little boy with his broken will sat in his room crying for fifteen minutes saying "shoes, shoes". Once I saw him come to his door I went over to comfort him. Thankfully he didn't ask me for his green shoe cause that would have been really hard for me. He just asked me to pick him up and get him a blanky from his crib. From that day forward we have successfully been wearing our new blue shoes (or boots). Thanks Hubby!

and if that wasn't enough isshoes for one house hold...
Our sweet little Lilly has a HUGE obsession with shoes. Just take a look at the picture and you'll see. Once in a while we let the girls spend a little fun money out of their banks and Lilly always picks shoes. GRRRRRRRR it was I say every time cause we don't have enough room for the ones she already has. Since everyone knows how much she loves shoes, she often gets them as gifts too. Fortunately since this picture was taken a couple months ago I have been able to pair down (no pun intended) some of her shoes and they are much more manageable now.

Here's my brainy breakfast of choice.
Per Dr. Sears recommendation kids should have a brainy breakfast before they head off to school in the morning. Brainy breakfast is whole grains, fresh fruit or proteins. The choices for my girls are whole grain pancakes with fruit, eggs, whole grain english muffin/toast or oatmeal. Drew has been making herself one of these every morning before school. She toasts her muffin, scrambles her egg (in a round bowl so it takes the shape of the muffin) in the microwave and tops with a slice of cheese and canadian bacon. Probably a little high in cholesterol but a good source of whole grains, fiber (double fiber eng. muf.) and protein to start the day off right.

2 comments:

Amy said...

I am so impresses that Drew makes her own eggs! you go girl!

Heather said...

Love your kiddos and their is"shoes"! Miss you!