Monday, September 15, 2008

The Moon

Did any of you happen to check out the moon this evening? It was very cool... low, big, bright! The girls and I enjoyed looking at it. It went a little something like this...
Mom: Hey, girls look at the moon!
Drew: Wow, that's cool! Look how big it is!
Lilly: I can see it! I can see it! It's a full moon!

Then their was a bunch of chatter between the girls I missed. then...
Drew: No Lilly. Their is only one moon
Lilly: We have two moons. We have two moons
Drew: Their is other moons Lilly but we only have one.
Lilly: No! We have two!
Drew: MOOOOM! Will you please tell Lilly we only have one moon.
Mom: Yes Lilly. We only have one moon. Other planets have moons, some even have more than one. But we only have one moon.
Lilly: But we have a half moon too!

That girl just makes me smile!

3 comments:

The Parsons' blog said...

That was cute. I saw the moon last night too and it was gorgeous. Oh man, I totally didn't even think about our Christmas picture :( I guess I'll just have to dress Sean up like Santa and put the kids on his knee ;) yikes...

Oh and I will comment here because I don't see the post anymore, but I love your church pew!!!!!! It is so cute and a super great idea. Good work!

K$ said...

Not only is there just one moon, but one golden sun.

Trujess said...

:) I love it!

This reminds me of the cheap telescope my brother use to have...