Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Love keeps no records of wrongs.

Most of us know those famous words by heart from the love chapter. (1 Cor 13) Often when I look at those words I think about how we ought to love one another. Lately though I have been reflecting on this chapter thinking of how God loves me. So often in my prayer time I feel like cowering, for fear that my Father must be disappointed in me. I speak to Him about all my mistakes of the past and even say to Him "I know you must be disappointed in me again." Then I hear these words- Love keeps no records of wrongs. Gods love is perfect and He keeps no records of my wrongs, of our wrongs! I can feel no shame when I come to my Father for I am forgiven and my record is washed white as snow. Connecting this message from my brain to my heart can profoundly change my prayer life.
Zephaniah 3:17
The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing."

Romans 8:39
Neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Proverbs 10:12
Hatred stirs up dissension, but love covers over all wrongs.

Ephesians 2:4-5
But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved.

3 comments:

Carrie said...

I love it in Zephaniah where it says that "Our God is mighty to save"...actually I love the whole verse but isn't it awesome to know we serve a God who is mighty to save. I like you (you 2 me 2) often think I should be cowering and think of disappointment when in fact I should be walking in confidence knowing that I have a King who loves me. I pray that this truth would resonate with you and that it would in fact change not only your prayer life but your walk with your Savior as well.

Heather said...

He is mighty to save, He is mighty to save! Our savior, he can move the mountains...sorry, your post reminded me of that song we like..

Thanks for sharing!

Rachel said...

I needed this. Thanks for sharing.