Friday, January 15, 2010

One-way

So often I find myself driving down a one-way street in my relationship with God. I am heading in His direction and sending much His way, yet so often I forget to stop and listen and see what He might have for me. Relationships must go both ways. Otherwise there is not really much of a relationship at all. I need to remind myself to slow down and stop at the station to fill up on his word. I need to take every rest stop I see along the way and quiet my heart to listen to what he has for me while resting in Him.

Lord, I thank you for forgiveness of my selfish ways. I want to drink your word daily. I want to crave it and need it like it is the air that I breathe. Help me to be obedient to your call.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Awesome analogy! I can relate.