Tuesday, July 13, 2010

30 day Challenge: Days 26-28

ONLY 2 MORE DAYS!!!!! I can't believe how fast its gone by and how much progress I have made. When I started this almost a month ago I had no idea what God had in store for me.

I am totally waffling on what to do for my next challenge but I better hurry up and decide. I know for sure I want to do some sort of food challenge. I'm just not sure what. Maybe y'all can offer your opinions and advice to help me decide (or confuse me even more). Here are the different avenues I am thinking and praying through-
Weight Watchers Points
Positives-I know it works if I stick with it cause it has in the past. I am experienced with it so I am not trying to figure out something new. It allows me to eat some of the foods others diets don't in a healthy moderation.
Negatives-Counting points is A LOT of work. I hate writing down what I eat.

Weight Watchers Core
Positive- Only eating healthy foods. No counting or writing down.
Negatives- Could be easy for me to over eat. (not good even if it is healthy foods) Going without quite a bit of food I am use to eating.

Counting Calories
Positives-Can eat all foods but forced to make healthy choices since my calorie intake will be low. A little less work than counting points but not much.
Negatives-Like points, counting calories is work.

No "crash diet" just make healthy choices
Positives-Probably the healthiest option. The best option for long term change.No counting and calculating.
Negatives- I NEED BOUNDARIES!!! This might be too easy for me to cheat.

Any helpful thoughts, advice or ideas you have for me would be greatly appreciated!!!

Now back to what this post was supposed to be about...

Challenge 1: Time in Gods Word
Over the last couple of days I read a little bit in Hebrews, The whole book of Songs of Solomon and I am now back reading in Exodus. I am going to stick in Exodus until I finish it. I do so love reading the stories I often teach about in Sunday School. Its nice to get the adult version of it :)

Challenge 2: Exercise
I found these great 10 Minute Solution videos on Netflix instant. They each have 5 10 minute segments focusing on different parts of the body. What I like about these is you can do as much or as little as you have time for. I also like them cause I need to work on strength and flexibility, not just endurance (Thanks Abbey!) On Sunday I was able to squeeze in 4 10 minute segments. (Thighs, arms, abs and buns) On Monday I just did 2 segments. (cardio to warm up the muscles and then I did power stretching). Today I kicked butt though!!! I bettered my best and did 2.5 miles. 2 of which I ran!!! Whoooo hooooo! It felt good :)I cannot believe I am saying this but...
I (heart) EXERCISE!!!



3 comments:

Rachel said...

Go Amber. I am no help with the food ideas. I did WW years ago and loved it at the time. But right now, I have no motivation!

Be sure to check out today's blog post on my blog. You are mentioned.

Unknown said...

Good job! Maybe instead of going drastic you should start smaller. Something like...no refined sugar or only whole grains, nothing "white" etc. Seems a little easier and you'll feel better in the process!

Heather said...

I gave you my idea of the food pyramid with your kids thing already, so I won't redo it here. Good luck figuring out which direction you want to go. You are doing so awesome on the exercise - I am amazed at your motivation and excited that you are so surprised and excited over how you feel about it.