Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Works for me Wednesday

I've been saving plastic containers and glass jars for some time now just knowing I will find a purpose for them. Here is what I've come up with so far.

These containers hold sesame seeds, rice and mixed nuts I bought in the bulk foods section and my pancake mix that comes in a box. I use a sharpie to write any directions I may need for the product on the lid. This is a great way to reuse, reduce, recycle and it keeps your food fresh!

Do you save old containers? If so share with us how you use them!

Pssssst Abbey...share with us your post on the paint jars you did a while back. :)
Pssssst Amber...share with us your post on your drinking glasses. :)


1 comment:

Abbey said...

I'm flattered you remembered that post! It took a little digging, but I found the post! =) Since that post was written I've found that when I do use the touch-up paints, the lids get REALLY dried/cemented on there if I don't clean ALL paint off the rim of the jar and the lids. If I can't get the lid off easily, I boil a small bit of water in a small pan and hold the lid under the boiling water for a short while (30 sec.?), then use rubber gloves to carefully untwist the lid. Hot water makes the lid expand. Not sure what other containers to use to avoid this last step...