Monday, January 31, 2011

30 days of blogging: Day 1

Recent picture and 15 interesting facts about myself. I want to be sure and use the word "interesting" very loosely...facts I can promise but no guarantee they are interesting.

Her I am!!! I would have really preferred to have picked a fabulous picture of myself self (if one exists) but rather I chose to just use the most recent picture I had taken. This was taken on Friday on a hike I went on with the family. If anything, this picture does show my personality a little :) Of course except for the fact that I'm on a hike. Which will lead me right into my first fact!
1) I really am not a big fan of hiking. Though I wish to be and have committed to doing more this year.
2) I love the taste of cold corn straight out of the can
3) I can't wait to be a grandma one day! Seriously, I think about it often.
4) I have very flexible ears and fold them up before I lay my head on the pillow to keep my ear nice and warm.
5) I like to dip pizza rolls in ketchup
6) I would gladly live where it never snows, rarely rains and is almost always sunny.
7) If I could live in anytime period it would be the late 1800's.
8) I love bags! It is a weak spot for me when shopping.  I'd go for a new bag over new shoes.
9) I did not become a reader until my late 20's, in fact I hated reading, until I fell in love with the book Redeeming Love.
10) I would LOVE to run an orphanage one day.
11) My favorite wild animal is a giraffe and I got to feed one once right out of the palm of my hand.
12) Teaching my kids to read stresses me out and feels like a lot of pressure. It is the one thing I wish someone else could teach them.
13) When I was 5 or 6 I climbed 30 feet up in a tree and about gave my mom a heart attack the first time she saw me. I loved to climb so much my Uncle called me monkey woman and when he built his first house it had very high ceilings in the living room with a brick fireplace going all the way up. They were going to have staggered bricks sticking out like little ledges all the way up and decided against it for fear I would climb it when I to visit every summer.
14) I flew half way across the country by myself at 9 years old.
15) When I was back in the mid-west visiting my uncle there was a really bad thunder storm and I was really scared cause I was alone at his house. To conquer my fear I went out side with an umbrella and stood in the middle of the cul de sac. Praise God I was not struck down by lighting. (I think that's more stupid then interesting)

3 comments:

Whitney said...

Amber,
I love this idea - totally copied it. So enjoyed reading random facts about you! I am fascinated by your flexible ears!

Rachel said...

Love it Amber. How fun to learn more about you.

Bina said...

This is such a cute post! You are adorable. I hate hiking too. :)