Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Works for me Wednesday: Double Batch

Last week I noticed that canned Chili was on sale at QFC for $1 a can. I thought to myself that's a pretty good price, and I'm sure that would work out nice for Clint to take for lunch on the days I don't have enough leftovers to send for him. Then I thought some more. Hmmmmm, I bet it would be cheaper, healthier and yummier if I just made a double batch of chili myself. I could use all those glass jars I save that I knew would come in handy to freeze some and Clint could grab that and heat it up at work.


So I double batch of chili I made! We ate it for dinner on Friday topped with chips, cheese and sourcream and it was uber yummy! This is what I had left over-
5 individual size jars for Clint to take to work
2 larger jars for me to use for a couple lunches at home for the the kids and me
1 bowl with enough chili for Clint to eat for lunch over the weekend and for the Chili dogs we ate for dinner on Sunday night.

And to make this even sweeter I didn't have to go to the grocery store at all cause I had everything I needed for a double batch of chili in my back stock!!!

No comments: