Monday, September 22, 2008

Retreat

The retreat was...
fun
exhausting
edifying
encouraging
convicting
a great time to connect

At retreat my kids...
ran like wild animals in the rain
slept good
stayed up late
got really dirty
made new friends
enjoyed old ones
played four square until 11pm (drew)

At retreat I...
Enjoyed getting to know knew people
had a blast hanging out w/ good friends
slept on a bed that felt like plywood
played games
shed some tears
was moved by the testimonies
took tons of pictures
sought out the advise and encouragement of others
felt cared for

I left retreat feeling...
blessed to be part of such an amazing church
thankful for the vision that was shared
hopeful to see the body of Christ at Grace grow in deeper community
tired and in need a a good night sleep in my own bed

6 comments:

Amy said...

Yes, the retreat definitely exceeded my expectations!

Heather said...

Bummed I missed it, but so glad for everyone who got to attend.

Trujess said...

I second heather's motion!

Rachel said...

Put me down as third for Heather's sentiments.

Bina said...

Amber the joy and love of Jesus just flows out of you. It's so beautiful. It was great to get to know you a little better at the retreat!

Carrie said...

Love the collage...what a good weekend! Even though we missed some of it, it was fun to be apart of Saturday & Sunday. Talia says..."You're cute!"