Monday, October 6, 2008

My Monday Thoughts...

On my weekend- I got to kick this weekend off with a girls night of scrap booking. It was a blast! Heather and I spent the night at Wendy's house and had a good time catching up and our lives and scrapbooks. I got 13 spreads done!!!

Saturday night after scrap booking, Clint and I took the kids to Red Robin for dinner and then perused the Mall. I got some much needed and appreciated body butter, the girls got some bathroom potions to share and Clint got a pair of shoes and a jacket. (OOPS, we forgot to get Gus something.) It was nice to just hang out and explore the Mall together.

On my sexy lumber jack- Well first I'll say he is still a lumber jack. And a good one at that! He just broke a record at his apprenticeship by hip thrusting himself up a tree in 40 seconds. That's my man!

Anyhow, he did not get the job with the city of Lynnwood. The news came as somewhat of a disappointment but also a relief. Their was lots a great things about this job but it would have been a cut in pay and the timing of that would not have been good considering I just quit babysitting. But we move forward trusting that God has better things in store for Clint. The waiting is never easy though. Clint explains it like this. He feels like a kid walking through the mall holding his Father's hand. As he is walking he sees all these really great stores that he wants to go in. As he approaches each store he is hopeful that he will be taken inside. But God keeps walking... It is hard when it seems like you've been walking so long. But we can trust that God is with us and that He knows whats up ahead.

On babysitting- Things have been a little rough babysitting lately. Gus has really not enjoyed me having an extra little one to care for so much. Long story short he was really lashing out at the little girl and most of my days were being spend refereeing between the two of them. It was not fun for any of us. So we decided it was time to call it quits. I am sad to not have Ayla anymore cause she is such a sweetie and Clint and I really enjoyed her parents. On the other hand it does feel like a weight lifted off my shoulders. While we will all miss Ayla very much, I know this is going to be better for our family in a number of different ways.

As for the loss of income...still trying to figure that one out. Trusting, trusting, trusting...

No comments: