Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Fill up my cup

As I wake this morning feeling overwhelmed by my busy day ahead, I pray.

Heavenly Father, I ask you this morning to fill up my cup. Fill it with love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, and self control. Fill it overflowing so that your fruits might pour onto those around me. I pray too, for all my sisters who are waking with an empty cup. Fill up their cups in abundance. Some off us have a million things to do today, some are headed off to work. Some off us got very little sleep and are waking with little patience left. Some of us are just weary from the struggles in our lives. Help us all to come to you for the rest and rejuvenation we need. Go before us today, so that we might glorify your name in all that we do. In Jesus' name I pray, amen.

Psalm 23
The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want. He makes me lie down in green pastures,
He leads me beside quiet waters, He restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.

5 comments:

heather said...

Hi Amber! I'm Abbey's sister in law Heather and really enjoy reading your blog. (and i'm a fellow coke lover!):)

I love your prayer...its so whats on my heart this morning as well....i'm always praying for more patience!

Have a blessed day!

Bina said...

Loved this! Praying this with you!! Thanks for being up late last night to pray for and love your sisters who are going through infertility. It was a huge blessing. May God bless you and the busy day ahead!!

Amber Red said...

Thank you Amber! Praying this will you aswell.

Heather said...

Well - did your cup get filled?

Rachel said...

Amen!