Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Hmmm... Har har... and a little Grrrrrr!

Well, this afternoon the city of Lynnwood called Clint. Hmmmmmm... Neither of us know quite what to think of it yet. They let him know that they are still investigating... (whatever that means) and that they would be calling his references. I guess the good news is that the door isn't closed. I'm just hoping they recognize he is totally overqualified for that position and are really just investigating because they want to hire him for and even better job. It is in Gods hands, trusting, trusting, trusting...

This evening I was cooking dinner and kept hearing this small voice saying Mom, Mom, Mom, Mom... over and over again for like 5 or 10 minutes. It clearly was none of my children.Then I heard both girls cracking up around the corner as they heard me investigating the sound. I think I am going to have to out law rubber bands in my house since they seem to be Drew's tool of choice when playing practical jokes on Mom. She had a little voice recording pen and she recorded her self saying "MOM" and put a rubber band around it so it would keep replaying over and over, then hid it under the microwave. Har har girls!!!

Later I came across my son taking a pen to our wall were we keep track of the kids heights. Grrrrrrrr! I was so disappointed because we just fixed it from my niece taking a huge sharpy to it. I guess I can't blame him though. Since he chose that wall to color on I'm sure its only because he's seen Mom color on it. (note to self- be careful what you let the boy see you do)

4 comments:

Heather said...

I just love that mischievous little girl!

The saga with Clint's job search just goes on and on - I'm sorry that must be so frustrating for you guys!

Rachel said...

Drew has a good sense of humor! Praying for a quick job resolution.

Carrie said...

Cute story on the girls.....Tal would call that "their best jokes". Glad to hear an update on Clint's job today...still praying for you guys. As for Gus...such a good reminder that our little ones are always watching! I hope you can still see their heights...such a fun thing to document.

Jess said...

That is soooo smart of Drew-how funny! My son is already turning into a prankster at 2 1/2. He likes to scare people with dinosaurs etc. (Roar!) and then laughingly says "haha, Sorry!" before doing it all over again. Our kids are great, huh?