Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Air out the funk

Both girls are at school and Gus in down for his nap. So......... Time for Mom to get this house in shape. The first thing I choose to do is take out the trash and prop my front door open. Their is just something about fresh air that makes everything seem cleaner. Probably because the fresh air is a way to air out the funk. In my house the funk usually consists of poopy diapers, dirty dishes and Drew's soccer shoes. As I was doing my chores I was reflecting on the idea of airing out the funk and I started thinking about the "funk" in our lives and how important it is to air out that funk as well. The Bible tells us-

Proverbs 28:31
He who conceals his sins does not prosper, but whoever confesses and renounces them finds mercy.
James 5 :16
Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed.
1 John 1:9
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.
My favorite of these verses is the one from James. Just today I confessed a sin of my tongue to a fellow sister and it really helped me move on from my guilt and be able to ask for forgiveness. At one point God used this verse to bring a HUGE amount of confession and healing into my life. While I know I will never live on this earth with out "funk" I rest in the fact that I have a Savior who died for me and a Father who forgives me. I just have to be willing to air out the funk.
If you've got some "funk" (big or small) that needs airing... get on those needs and air it before your forgiving father. The healing will come...

4 comments:

Carrie said...

Diggin' the Parliament link...I must confess I used to have that CD in college. Love the post....good reminder to get the funk out of our lives...it can definetly hinder our walk and our days. The Lord has been reminding me lately that I need to confess the funk right away instead of sitting in it. When I sit in it I get stinky...bitter, angry, jealous, grouchy, etc. SO much better to go to Him right away...much more refreshing.

Amber said...

Amne sister! So true...

Rachel said...

I think I need to memorize the James verse! Great post.

Heather said...

Love the picture of airing out the funk - and Carrie's sitting in it getting stinky...so true, so true...