Friday, October 10, 2008

This can be a good thing

My Mom has been back in my life for almost 10 month now. I have been very cautious and slow to build back the relationship. However circumstance have made it so I have had to spend more time with her lately. I will confess that I have viewed that time as more of a burden then a blessing. Well, today I had to take her some things for her knew place. I brought all the kids with me and we ended up having a great time. We made lunch together and it was fun being with her. The kids really enjoyed being with her and had fun at her house. As I sit here typing out these words looking at this picture, it really does warm my heart. I often felt I would never see her again let alone see her with all of my kids. This really is a blessing. God has given me more time with her. More time to enjoy her, more time to share my faith with her, more time for my kids to know their Grandma and I am thankful for it.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Amber, that is so good. After dealing with extended family issues today, this was a great post for me to read. I pray your relationship grows.

Heather said...

I'm glad that you had a nice afternoon together - especially after the stress of getting her moved in! She looks good in this picture - I hope that things continue to go well!

Carrie said...

This is an answer to prayer....I hope that your relationship continues to grow and that your light will shine in her life. The way that you allow Christ to shine through you Amber is an encouragement to me!