Monday, November 17, 2008

"BOY"ism


Normally I take much enjoyment from watching Gus and all his "BOY"isms. Today was another story. Gus walks in the house saying "I got it Mom. I got it!" I turn to see just what he's got... It was a WORM! A WORM! YUCK!!!! Call me crazy but I think those things are disgusting. Then he started to cry and get freaked out by it (probably because of my reaction... oops.) and he dropped it on the kitchen floor! Guess who had to pick that nasty thing up and toss it back outside. That's right, ME! ( I used a paper towel of course) I do not look forward to the many creatures that boy might just bring inside over the years.

PS- I chose a picture of this cute worm which looks nothing like the nasty one that was in my kitchen today. YUCK!

5 comments:

Abbey said...

How funny! You'll have to call me next time that happens! I'll come rescue you! ;)I'm so immune to worms since apparently Sarah is part boy in that department (of course I dig them up for her so I'm partly to blame). Slugs, spiders, worms (pulling them apart which reveals the ever pleasant "worm guts" Mmmmm....) you name it. I'm just glad she hasn't eaten one... yet.

Rachel said...

I would have reacted the same way. Ick. Nathan will pick up frogs and crickets but not worms.

Bina said...

Ewww to the worm, but the boy is such a cutie! Nice blog makeover. You inspired me to beautify my blog too!:)

Heather said...

Oh boy...and now it begins!

Love the new look too!

Matt Bayley said...

Yeah, Calah and Ellie like worms. they find them and call them "wormy". Ellie will sometimes bring a Barbie/Polly pocket outside and pretend that the worm and Polly are friends.

Charis calls everything a "bee" and tries to crush them with her feet. Barefoot or not.