Thursday, November 13, 2008

A change of seasons

When I think of change I can’t help but reflect on the visual picture we see when a change of season occurs in the world around us. The most recent change we’ve seen can be a beautiful one to watch unfold. As the wind blows smooth and swift or whips hard and fast through the trees it is sure to evoke change. The last of the flower petals fall and the trees lose their beautiful blankets of red and gold. Some leaves seem to hold on until the very last minute before being pulled off by the winds force. That last leaf to fall has become brown and brittle and no longer brings much beauty to the season. When it meets its final destination of the hard ground it is sure to crumble.

I my friends have been like that leaf. God has sent winds of change into my life. I am like a scared little leaf clinging to the tree for fear of what will happen if I let go. But I must. I must let go and let God carry me to my next destination, the next season He has for me. If I hold on much longer I am sure to become brown in spirit and brittle in faith. I am sure to hit the ground hard and brake into pieces. So I choose to let the winds of change God has brought into my life carry me gracefully to the next season. I know the journey won’t always be easy, but He who is guiding me will be my strength along the way.

A change of seasons can bring a change of heart. (I’ll post on this one soon)

4 comments:

Abbey said...

Great word picture and analogy! Praying with you through the seasonal change...

Rachel said...

Great analogy. Change is so hard and something we humans fight. Praying for you.

Heather said...

Beautiful post Amber! I'll be praying for you!

Carrie said...

Oooohhh pretty blog....me likey!! Good post, good reflections. As God shapes, molds and changes you through this new season fix your eyes on Him. I know that God is using this time to bring a different dynamic to your relationship with Him. I'm excited to see what these winds of change will result in. Remember that discipleship is difficult....truly denying ourselves and giving our lives to Christ is a narrow road.....but we need to do this to become more like Christ...we cannot gain a resurrected life without dying. I'm praying for you sista!!