Monday, January 26, 2009

I'm Alive!!!

Yes, it is a cheesy title. But at times this past weekend I felt a bit like I wasn't going to be for very long. For those of you who haven't heard yet, this pregnancy has been tough so far. I have been extremely sick this past week. It started hitting pretty hard on Tuesday and by Thursday I couldn't hold anything down. After going 4 days w/ out food and very little liquids I landed my self in the ER yesterday afternoon. I was dehydrated and feeling absolutely miserable. PRAISE GOD for IV fluids!!! I am feeling much better today but still dealing w/ the queasiness and feeling a bit weak. They have me on medication to stop the vomiting and help w/ the nausea. It is definitely doing its job! I just have to take things slow and easy. I normally consider myself to be a young person but this pregnancy makes me feel old. I suppose in some respects me having to slow down is a good thing. Making the change to home school and now adding #4, my crazy busy lifestyle was bound to have to slow down anyway...


On another note I would like to announce that I did the dishes today!!! Sounds kind of lame to announce that but I have been doing nothing for almost a week and my girls and Clint and been picking up all my slack. It was amazing how good it felt to be helpful again. It's hard when Hubby works SO hard all day and then has to come home a take care of everything else. He has been such a trooper though all of this and I feel so blessed to have him. He's definitely "Man of the Year" in my book!


And since I'm sharing how helpful Clint has been, I would also like to give a shout out to one other amazing helper. My sweet Drewanne could probably run her own household at the young age of nine. That girl has been cooking for herself and siblings, bathing them, putting Gus down for naps, laundry, dishes, changing diapers and getting Gus dressed, not to mention waiting on me and my needs hand and foot. She has a true servants heart! And she's so good at all of it too! She can settle Gus in for a nap better then I can. The other day I was trying to push myself to get some chores done and she could plainly see I was really struggling. She immediately jumped up to help and urged me to go lay down. I told her it made me feel bad having her work so much. She said "Well I'm gonna keep cleaning whether you lay down or not so you might as well go lay down." So that's what I did. Bless that girls heart! BTW-Please keep her in your prayers this weekend. She is attending her first girls camp weekend at Lakeside. She is super excited as are we. I am praying she will have a fun time with friends old and new, make lots of memories and most importantly grow closer to God and deeper in her understanding of who He is.

6 comments:

Carrie said...

I'm so sorry that you have been having such a hard time. The Lord brought you to my mind more than a few times last week to pray for you. Praise God for medicine and fluids...I know how hard it can be to function with bad pregnancy sickness without them. How blessed you are to have such a wonderful husband and kiddos...so neat to see their serving hearts towards you. Will continue to pray for you, this new little one, Clint and the kids (Oh and Drew for this weekend!). Love to you and I miss you!!

Abbey said...

Carrie already said it! (I can't claim to understand how difficult it is though, but I can imagine - you're a trooper!) ditto! So glad you got the fluids you need... I will continue to pray!

Amber Red said...

Man Amber! I had no idea you were in the ER. So sorry to hear this and glad that you meds are starting to help a little. Can I come and fold some laundry??
Drew you are amazing!

Anonymous said...

Hey, girl
I will be praying for you. I was the same way when I was pregnant with Roman. I went to the er also for fluids. It is miserable but one day I woke up and it was completely gone. I will say though it was at the the 12th week going into the second trimester. I love ya and you are blessed to have a little girl with such a servants heart. It looks as though she is just like her mommy! Talk to you later!

Rachel said...

So sorry it has been hard. I'll be praying for you. I got tears in my eyes reading about Drew's help. What an awesome thing to hear!

Trujess said...

I'm so glad you are alive!!! Wow. If you need someone to help with your kids or go to the store for you or just anything please let me know!

I totally can't relate to what you are going through, but I will definetly be praying for you too.