Monday, May 11, 2009

$$$ Money Saving MADDNESS!!!

I have joined the world of the crazy couponers and I am SOOOOOO happy I did. (special thanks to Amber Red for getting me hooked and showing me the ropes) I just got home from Albertsons and I got ALL this...

...for only $11.59
( 4 Kraft Mayo's, 2 boxes Wheat thins, 3 boxes Ritz crackers, 4 BBQ sauces, 4 packs of hot dogs, 10 yogurts, 2 velveeta mac and cheeses, 2 boxes pasta salad, 2 salad dressings, and 1 four pack of fresh baked cinamon rolls)

I was SHOCKED...the guy in line behind me was SHOCKED...I came home and my Husband was SHOCKED...and extremely proud of me too! It feels absolutely awesome to save my family so much money. I have been watching the adds and couponing for a couple of weeks and I can honestly say I have cut our grocery budget in 1/2 AT LEAST. (it will take a bit more time of doing this to know the exact savings for sure) Here is the break down of my Albertsons saving in case you are curious.
Albertsons preferred card savings = $35.44 (all you have to do is look at the weekly store adds)
Albertsons coupons savings = $13.73 (all you have to do is clip the coupons in the weekly store adds)
Manufacture coupon savings = $20.50 (clipping from sunday paper and printing off online)

Total Savings = $69.67 (+ they gave me a $2 off coupon for my next trip)
Here is a further break down of what I paid for each item
Kraft Mayo= $.25 each
Wheat thins = $.99 each
Ritz= $.88 each
Hot dogs= $.14 1/2 each
BBQ sauce = -$.30 (Believe it or not they paid me to take these home)
Yogurt= $.29 each
Pasta salad = $.70 each
Salad dressing = -$.31 each (yep, they paid me to take these home too)
Velveeta mac and cheese= $.70 each
Cinamon rolls= $.99

PS- Even if you don't want to clip coupons... Fred Meyer's is having a rockin' good sale this week that is worth the trip. HUGE savings on Butter, Cheese, TP and much more. No coupon needed!!! You can pick up the store add at the front of the store.

1 comment:

The Parsons' blog said...

This is awesome! Big pats on the back to you and Amber B. I wish I could do it. Do you find that you're buying stuff you normally wouldn't though?? Also, is it only big name stores, or could an island girl do it??