Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Huge savings again on trip # 2

I'll be the first to admit this couponing thing can be addicting...but at least it's good for my family! This morning when I woke up I decided the deals are just to good to pass up and one more trip would be worth it. I got all this...


For $7.19

My total savings was $60.26


Sara commented on my last post and had a great questions that I figure I'll just answer here in case anyone else is wondering. Her question was- Do you find that your buying stuff you normally wouldn't?

The answer to that is not at all. I actually pass up a lot of great deals because its on things I wouldn't normally buy. However the sure amount of what I buy is not something I have normally done but the couponing thing is all about stocking up. Some of you might be thinking why in the world do you need 6 mayo's, 6 BBQ sauces, 6 boxes of crackers or 10 packs of hot dogs?!?! Well my family uses all those things and I'm not gonna have to buy any of them for MONTHS. We typically don't use a ton of BBQ sauce but this summer at our Birthday Bash we will be BBQing chicken for about 100 people and all those sauces that I paid $0.00 for will really come in handy. As for all the hot dogs, we will make use of those on our camping trips and summer BBQ plans.

The other thing you might be thinking is what about all the other stuff you use like dairy, meat and produce? Don't worry people we are not living off crackers and cereal. I am just showing the stuff I bought from one store this week. Here are a some of the other deals I got this week.

FREE Milk and eggs from Food Emporium (no purchase necessary)
FREE Strawberries from Safeway (w/ $10 purchase) I bought some of there great produce and pasta deals to reach $10
Awesome deals on Apples (.68lb), Bananas (.59lb), Salad (.50 a bag), pineapple (1.98 each) and so much more at Fred Meyer's.

As for meat, we already have a pretty good stock of that so I haven't been purchasing even the really great deals but Amber Red has got some awesome deals on meat and will hopefully post about it soon.

So ladies, don't be afraid of the couponing world. It is time consuming, but well worth it!!!

Check out the two blogs listed HERE on Amber red's blog.

Sara- to answer your other question about living on the island... you really need to have access to most of the major grocery stores to go full bore but you can still get the most bang for your buck by couponing and deal seeking at your own local grocery store.

4 comments:

The Parsons' blog said...

Thanks for answering my questions. Man, I wish I lived in the real world!!! :) But maybe I'm saving in other areas like...eating out, malls... ;) Good job with the coupons. Keep it up!

Amber Red said...

SARA- print off your coupons and mail them to me...then when you come here stop by and pick them up :)

Amber Red said...

and amber...I love having a partner in crime :)

CMC said...

Awesome!

Thanks for the heads up on the deals at Fred Meyer! We stopped in yesterday to grab a couple of things and there were sale tags everywhere and on many of the things we eat regularly! I also have a coupon book that they gave us on our last trip full of even more deals, so we're going grocery shopping this morning!

Couponing is awesome!