Wednesday, December 23, 2009

A Gus"ism" and a whole lot more...





This cute little guy has us cracking up multiple times a day. So far today this is how he has entertained us with his words...
Last night Lilly hung up an 8x10 picture of Gus in their room. He was so excited! So today Drew was in his room and he points it out to her and says " That's me! Mommy says "That's my handsome guy"." So cute! I do say that ALL the time to him. Happy to know he's listening.

Then later when I was in the shower Drew comes in and tells me about this conversation...

(as Lilly is pouring his water cup into the sink in her effort to clean up) Gus- "hey, that's my water yilwy (Lilly). Don't throw that away. That's diculous (ridiculous) !" Ha! He was so proud of what he said cause of his sisters reactions he had to come and tell me all about it too. "I said diculous mom. I said Yilwy, that's diculous!" I have to say that I know he got that word from me and it doesn't sound like that nice of a word when I hear my 3 year old say it. Live and learn...

Now for a whole lot more...

On online socializing-I know I said this last time I posted but man do I miss blogging. I am guilty of online social network swapping! First myspace, then blogger and now facebook. While I do not miss myspace in any shape or form I do really miss blogger. I like blogging way more then facebook because you get the whole story, not just a snip it. But facebook wins out on the quick and convenient factor.

On posts that should have been- I really actually blog all the time...its just in my head. I title them and everything. Like SAVING LIKE MAD-funny stories of being a coupon queen, or My TOP FIVE-Top 5 things I love about my five favorite people, or THE BIG TOE SAYS TO THE LITTLE TOE- Good and ugly stories of relationships in the body of Christ. Not to mention the countless homeschooling posts I have thought of doing.

On being so busy I can barely breath sometimes- Whew...I'm actually already about an hour and a half into this post so far. Partly because I'm a slow typer but mostly because I've had to stop to nurse the baby, take a phone call, check a post on craigslist, discipline Gus, light a fire under the girls butts to get their chores done, rethink dinner since my meat didn't thaw (still don't know what I'm gonna cook) call my hubby, and go to the ladies room.

I have much more to write but its almost time for the man to get home so I better just sign off and save my thoughts for the middle of the night when I can post with no interruptions. Ha! As if I don't get interrupted in the middle of the night...

2 comments:

Heather said...

Love the pictures! Can't wait to see the rest of them. I just love Gus - thanks for sharing those funny stories. And thanks for blogging! Even though I know most of the stories, they always take on a different light when I read them in a blog. Love you!

Amber Red said...

Top 5- that has to be your family right?

I do the same thing amber! I write them in my head and by the time I get to the computer i somehow talk myself out of it.
love you dearly and merry Christmas