Monday, June 21, 2010

30 Day Challenge: Days 5 and 6

6 days in!!! Whoot whoot! I am SO glad I decided to do this. I am already thinking about what I might do for another 30 day challenge once I finish this one. I was also thinking today that I would LOVE to have a little get together once we are all finished with our first 30 days. What do ya say Abbey, Kaitlyn, Heather, Rachel, and Carrie?!?!

Challenge 1: Time in Gods Word
Well I must admit yesterday and today I was just getting through with this challenge. Yesterday I read Proverbs 9 and today Proverbs 10. Proverbs 10 was REALLY good but I was not in the mood to dig deep so I am planning on rereading it again and in a couple different versions too.

Challenge 2: Exercise
I can honestly say that exercising everyday feels GREAT! Today was the first day I didn't exercise first thing when I woke up and I was craving it all day. I could have just got on the Wii but I was craving more. First I better start with yesterday though. In the morning I felt like it was time to do some arm exercises so I can work on getting rid of my "bingo arms".Ha! So I did push ups and various arm exercises with light weights (soup cans) and I also did sit ups and leg exercises. Did it all for 20 minutes. Today the whole fam went over to the MHS track. Clint and I walked while the kids played. I have no idea how many laps or how long but it was definitely longer then my required 20. We walked at a very fast pace and it was a good work out. It felt great! I was so glad hubby joined me and the kids had fun. You can't beat fresh air either :)

2 comments:

flynnfamily said...

My mom and I have been doing Crossfit 3 times a week and we are planning on doing some versions of it while camping. We would love for you to join our workout when we are camping. It's a lot of fun and works the whole entire body! Can't wait to meet your little one and see the rest of your family!

Rachel said...

I'd be up for a gathering after the 30 days. I so need this challenge right now.