Wednesday, July 7, 2010

30 day Challenge: Days 12-22

So sorry it has been so long since I've updated. Vacation and then playing catch up with everything else once I got back home so no time to blog :) I am happy to say that even though I've been busy I have still been able to meet my challenges every day!!!

Challenge 1: Time in Gods Word
All but a couple days I have read at least a couple chapters (mostly proverbs) and the other days I did the minimum by squeezing in a paragraph or two. I am still very much enjoying Proverbs. I could easily pluck out a couple verses from each chapter and paste them a round my house as constant reminders. Hopefully soon I'll squeeze in the time to share some of my favorites with you.

Challenge 2: Exercise
I am praising God for the work he has done in me in this area!!! This really deserves a whole post of its own and it will get it. Just as soon as I find the time to write it. For now I'll just say that I have far exeded my own expextations of myself on this challenge and I am now running almost everyday. WHAT? ME RUNNING?!?!? I know, I am just as shocked as you are. Never tell God what you can't do cause he is liable to show you different :) My longest run with out stopping so far is 1.5 miles. For me that is a huge victory. God is my strength!

I hope to write more later but for now LOST on Netflix is calling my name.

How is your Challenge going? Its never to late to start :)

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Running? What is with so many people taking up running? I just don't get it and I will not be stepping (or rather running) onto that bandwagon!

Good job on your challenge Amber! You are doing awesome!!

Carrie said...

You go girl!!! I'm so proud of you! This is all awesome & I can't wait to hear about it all in person soon. Praising God along with you. Running is a challenge but the more I do it the more I find the rhythm of it & have been able to meet with God during that time. It is previous dear sister to watch this transformation. Loving it! We'll have to go for a run soon! (I can't stop using exclamation marks I'm so excited for you!!!!!!!).