Saturday, June 26, 2010

30 day Challenge:Days 10 and 11

Whooey! What a busy couple of days I have had. Tomorrow will be another one, but after that...VACATION HERE I COME!!! I have to say that I am 11 days in and feeling super about it. For me, this is a big accomplishment. I am typically not a person who tries very hard and I easily give up if things are tough or don't fit into my life easily. God has really given me victory this year in quite a few of my bad habits and I have to shout praises to him for it. He is growing and shaping me as he conforms me to be more like Christ.
Thank you, thank you, thank you God for showing me the areas of my life that I need to be challenged in and for giving me the dedication and strength to walk in the direction you are guiding me. 
I love you!

In all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make your path straight.
Proverbs 3:6

Challenge 1: Time in Gods Word
Yesterday and today I spent some time in Ephesians. I love Ephesians! For me it is a feel good book. I just love being reminded through the Word how God lavishes his love on me. I am Chosen, adopted, forgiven, redeemed and blessed!

Confession-last night I actually went to bed without doing this challenge! I laid there for a couple minutes before I realized it. So I hopped out of bed and did my reading. Whew! That was a close one.

Challenged 2: Exercise
After running around like a mad women yesterday I finally found the time to get on the Wii and do 20 minutes of exercise. I would have much rather gone to the gym but time did not allow it. Today after yet another busy day at 8:30 I put on my kicks and headed out the door to speed walk the neighborhood. I've got a great hill in the back of my neighborhood so I huffed it up and down that thing a few times and it felt great! I have been pleasantly surprised with exercise turning out to be a great stress reliever for me. It also has given me more opportunity to spend time thinking and praying. Today on my walk God revealed to me a big thing that I have been holding onto and reminded me that Jesus will carry my burdens and that I need to give it to him. God is so faithful!

Updates over the next week-
Since I will be out of town it will be a bit tough to blog. I am hoping to try but no promises :) If I am unable to update you while I am gone a will fill ya in when I get back.

I want to hear how the rest of you are doing. I hope God is using your challenge to grow and shape you and that you are be blessed though it. Please leave a comment or do a post and share with us.

2 comments:

*Laura said...

Well, I'm starting a little late. I read your blog a long time ago, and was recently compelled to return to it. (Wow! You've made some changes to it, haven't you?!)
Anyway, I love the idea of not eating any fast food for 30 days. I will definitely be taking this idea up with my husband, but really... I just want to stick to my exercise routine.
Thanks for the challenge. I feel inspired!

Heather said...

I have enjoyed reading about your progress, but even more so have enjoyed seeing changes in you already - your confidence is growing. Love you dear friend and miss you already. Hope you are having a blast with the fam!