Friday, July 23, 2010

30 Day Challenge: Friday Updates

Days 1-4

Since it is still the am I have not done any of my challenges yet today so I will just be updating Mon-Thurs today.

Challenge 1: Time in Gods Word
Well I have met this challenge everyday so far but the first 3 days it was just enough to get my minimum and I was not putting much into, if ya know what I mean. Yesterday I read a couple chapters in Genesis. I ended with the 10 commandments. It is good to be reminded of the law God gave his people before the time of Jesus. I do want to share what I read on Tuesday night. I was laying in bed when I realized I hadn't met this challenge so I jumped out of bed, opened the bible and this is what I landed on. Note: This is the second time I've landed on this scripture when I've done it this way.
Though the fig tree should not blossom,
nor fruit be on the vines,
the produce of the olive fail
and the field yields no food,
the flock be cut off from the fold
and there be no herd in the stalls,
yet I will rejoice in the Lord;
I will take joy in the God of my salvation.
God, the Lord, is my strength;
he makes my feet like the deer's;
he makes me tread on my high places.
Habakkuk 3:17-19

To me this verse like many other verses speaks to leaning on God, our strength and our joy when we are struggling or things just aren't going as we had planned. I have remembered that he is my strength but forgot the part about him being my joy too. When I have been at my weakest and I felt like I can't go on, I have looked to God to give me the strength to keep going forward. But I have gone forward without joy. I can't help but think about what that has done for my witness to those around me...bleh! It is normal for us to not always feel joy, especially when things are not going our way. But we must remember to look to God to give us joy! He is our joy and our strength!!!

Challenge 2: Exercise
Seriously exercise is now just a part of my life. It takes little effort for me to make the time to do it because I LOVE IT!!! (I only wish that will happen with my bible reading) I am only 4 days in and I have already met my goal of running twice and doing yoga twice. I have also done toning exercises for my abs and arms in addition. Today is supposed to be a rest day but I think I will do some more toning exercises. They are all low impact so my joints will still be getting a rest. (I think)

Challenge 3: Eating Healthy
So far so good! I have stuck to all the rules with the exception of 1. Rule # 5. No eating after 8pm. I feel I will need to modify this rule because I sometimes run in the evening and I don't get done until after 8pm and I need to eat a little something (usually a banana) after I run. So the modification to the rule will be No junk food or high fat foods after 8pm. Fruits and veggies will be okay. 

Much to my liking I have lost 2 lbs since Monday. While this challenge is about eating healthier not losing wait I need to lose some weight (for health reasons). I need to lose about 20lbs but would like to lose about 40lbs. But hitting that hard will come at a later challenge. For now I am just trying to change some really bad habits.

Challenge 4: Organization
Let me just say boy did my hubby hit the nail on the head with this one! I haven't done a thing for this challenge yet...I'm glad I still have 25 more days to meet it. Trust me, I've thought a ton about what i need to do. Now I just need to do it.

So how is your challenge going??? No matter where you're at in the challenge or how it is going, please give us an update by linking a post below :)

love,


4 comments:

Abbey said...

Going well! Sounds like you're rockin' it too! Funny, I'd much rather organize school stuff than do some other things I SHOULD probably do (which you wouldn't thing were any big deal!) =) It'd be fun if we could trade off things like that! Ha!

Rachel said...

Just getting ready to do my update (didn't get around to it yesterday.) Your Mr. Linky for the test/challenge sign-up thing is empty but Abbey and I both posted there. i'll try again and see.

You are doing an awesome job. I love your enthusiasm. It's really motivating for me.

Amber Red said...

mr. linky widget?? I don't even know how to do that!

Heather said...

I love what you shared about having joy, not just relying on God for strength. Very timely for me indeed. Can't wait to see how your challenge continues.