Sunday, July 18, 2010

30 day Challenge: Round 2

This weekend has been a nice break from having a challenge to meet but I am excited to get back in it! Here are the challenges I am taking on over the next 30 Days.

Challenge 1: Time in Gods Word
I have decided to continue this challenge because I don't feel it has become habit enough for me. Same rules apply as last time.

Challenge 2: Exercise
These rules have changed. As much as I love running I know that I need to incorporate other forms of exercise in order to be completely physically fit. I have been working a lot on my endurance but really need to work on my strength and flexibility. So My new challenge will be to run 2 times a week and do yoga 2 times a week. I am going to try to do some cross training 1 day and rest 2 days in addition to this but that will not be part of my challenge. 

Challenge 3: Eating Healthier
After being challenged by my dear friend Kaitlyn on what the definition of  a diet really is and discussing things over with my husband I have decided against a drastic change and/or a crash diet. Here are the areas I will be focusing on or the rules if you will.
1. Drink more water
2. Eat smaller portions
3. Choose healthy snacks between meals
4. No Soda
5. No eating after 8pm (I will give myself grace on this if it is a special night but no more then once a week)
6. No seconds on desserts

Disclaimer: These are the rules I am starting with on this challenge. I will not remove any of these rules but depending on how it goes I might ad to them as I see needed.

Challenge 4: Organization
I was gonna go a lot more ambitious on this challenge but thankfully my Husband is here to bring me back down to earth and not bite off more then I can chew. So for this challenge I am giving myself the next 30 days to organize all our home school stuff (books, art and office supplies, ect.) and make my curriculum plan and schedule for the school year.

I do want to share one more change I am making to the challenges this time around. I have decided I will give my challenge updates on Friday only (unless I have something I really need to share). I hope the rest of you who are participating will share with us how your challenge is going on Fridays also. I plan to have a link option available so you can ad your update to my post and we can all share, encourage and inspire each other on our 30 Day Challenge journeys.

I am also super exited to share that my hubby has decided to take on his own 30 day challenge too!!! He will not be blogging about his challenge but said that I can share them with all my readers. So here they are

Clint's Challenge 1: Keep the lawn green and plush for the next 30 days

Clint's Challenge 2: No shaving for 30 days. ( I told him with this challenge that means no ____ for 30 days either. LOL)

Okay, so those are not really his challenges...but he did think they would be good ones! I will share his real challenges with ya next time :)

Happy Challenging yourself!!!

2 comments:

flynnfamily said...

I am trying to think of a challenge for myself without the thoughts of failing mixed in. I shared your challenge with a friend yesterday, you are an inspiration!

Rachel said...

LOL at your comment about your husband not shaving. I tell my husband he is welcome to grow a beard as long as he isn't wanting to kiss me. :-) I planned to start my new 30 day challenge yesterday with you but had to take my mil to the walk-in so I will get my post up sometime today. I love your challenges and the idea of doing updates on Fridays!