Saturday, August 7, 2010

30 Day Challenge: Friday Updates (sorry it's late)

So sorry this is late my fellow 30 Day Challengers. I got home from a camping trip yesterday and just had SO much to do with no time to blog. I am excited to hear how the challenge has been going for you this week.

Days13-19 (Wow, only 11 days left already!)

Challenge 1:Time in Gods Word
At the beginning of my week I had some great time in the word. I spent a lot of time in 1 Peter and got some great verses that I will cling to during a struggle I am having right now. I am so thankful for God's word! He gives me comfort through it so often. The last couple days I have not read at all. I forgot to take a bible camping...LAME, is all I can say about that.

Challenge 2: Exercise
So far this week I got in 3 yoga, 1 run and 1 good walk. I plan to do another run today, hopefully a long one. This Mama needs the stress release right now. I was so hoping to get a run in along the beach while I was camping but taking my 4 kids and leaving my hubby at home for this trip...well you get the picture. No time for Mama to run. The trip was great though! I will post pics later today.

Challenge 3: Eating Healthy
This one is still going pretty good although I did drink a some soda and have more than my share of peanut butter cups while camping =/. Over all though I can't wait to share more about the changes my family is making. We are making some big changes in the way we eat! Basically changing to buy more organic products, more fruits, vegs, beans and rice, less meat and dairy, buying only pasture fed meat and doing our best to buy local. A lot of reasons behind this and I look forward to sharing with you how I intend on doing this the most frugal way possible.

Challenge 4: Organization
Did get anything done on this this week because I have been to busy packing, camping and now unpacking. I have 11 days to get it done and I intend on doing just that!


 love



4 comments:

Abbey said...

Sounds like a really full week! Good job on doing your challenges around big plans. Makes me realize that some things in life are going to be a bit out of the ordinary, but it's the discipline overall that seems to matter...

Abbey said...

Just linked in. I'm running behind too!

Rachel said...

Camping without hubby and with four kids-you are much braver than I am. Hey, I don't camp. Period.

You are doing great Amber

*Laura said...

What an encouragment your "30 Day Challenge" is!