Monday, December 27, 2010

1000 Gifts: 21-100

holy experience 
I have really been loving this! My hope was to combat my discontentment by choosing to see all of the many gifts that are before me on a daily basis. So, rather then sitting down on Monday to catalog all of the gifts, I have kept a cute little journal with me to jot down gifts as they arise. At times when I was feeling discontetended about something, I forced myself to look for a gift. And what do ya know...I always found one! The funnest part about this whole list is that each and every one has a story behind it. Feel free to ask me sometime :)

~21Modern medicine (Excedrin Migraine)
~22 My husbands sweet smell
~23 Gus' peanut butter sandwich dance
~24 Drew caring for Evie
~25 Spiral bound journals
~26 How much my nutcracker soldiers remind me of my grandparents
~27 A fun day at my in-laws
~28 Making treats with family and friends
~29 Carbonation
~30 Finding the perfect person to pass our baby stuff to
~31 Clean and organized kids bedrooms
~32 To be doing 1000 gifts alongside friends
~33 Forgiveness
~34 Tender moments between siblings
~35 A never changing God
~36 Gods constant faithfulness
~37 Sleeping in late
~38 Waking up to Gus saying "can I snuggle wit choo?"
~39 Evie's awesome morning hair do's
~40 That Clint is not afraid to BBQ in the winter
~41 Sweet neighbor ladies
~42Swagbucks (= free $)
~43 Almond extract
~44 Clean running water at my finger tips
~45 Nana's homemade hot cocoa mix
~46 Crock-pot cooking
~47 My digital picture frame and all the pics in it
~48 Q-tips
~49 Sweet text messages from Clint
~50 My Kitchen Aid
~51 Drew's helpfulness
~52 Good phone chats w/ Heather
~53 A clean kitchen sink
~54 Satan's lies being exposed
~55 And for Gods truths that replace those lies
~56 Friends that aren't afraid to speak truth into my life
~57 Netflix
~58 Hand-me-downs
~59 Reliable vehicles
~60 Our cozy home
~61Listening to the kids laugh and giggle while singing Christmas songs and decorating cookies
~62 For my fun marriage
~63 Josh Turners music
~64 My goofy extended family
~65 Dancing
~66 Clint's silliness
~67 Over hearing Clint and the kids pray and a late night chat prompted by ?'s where he shared about the true meaning of Christmas and the gift that God gave us
~68 Celebrating Jesus' b-day
~69 P.J's after a long day
~70 Saturday morning family breakfast
~71 Old traditions
~72 New ones
~73 Kids excitement and joy over simple gifts
~74 My dishwasher
~75 For a 2nd wind after feeling all pooped out
~76 Cheesecake
~77 A morning walk/run with my girls
~78 Jeremiah 50:33
~79 Lamentations 3:23
~80 psalm 103:22
~81 After Christmas sales
~82 Lilly's sweet little desire to be a healthy and fit person ( I can learn a lot from her)
~83 Empty laundry hampers
~84 Not waiting until New years to make changes God has called me to
~85 Going to the Mall by myself
~86 2 new bras ( you have no idea how bad I needed them)
~87 Mitchell Family Christmas
~88 Clint's Dad sharing his heart and the true meaning of Christmas
~89 Boardgames
~90 Gift cards
~91 laughter
~92 Special time with just me and my #3 and #4
~93 Cousins
~94 New cooking and baking items
~95 Watching Evie perfect her forks skills with pancakes
~96 Fuzzy posters (they keep kids happy while I get stuff done)
~97 Lilly's sweet, careful, playfulness with her new doll
~98 Drew's creativity
~99  Watching Lilly and Gus play make believe together
~100 Looking to God to help me make order out of chaos

 

1 comment:

Abbey said...

Wow! If you keep goin' like this you'll be WAY past 1000 by the 52 Mondays in a year... ;) Awesome. I wish I could have time to hear all the stories, but will have to make a mental note to ask you about just a few... Love you sista!