Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Tell the truth Tuesday:The ugly and beautiful truth

The UGLY truth: ...and I mean ugly. I have food issues. I eat for pleasure. I eat for comfort. I eat from boredom. I eat from stress. I eat often. I eat a lot. Worst of all, I eat instead of sitting at the feet of my sweet Jesus. My body is a product of my food issues. I am overweight the the point of being considered obese. I am at higher risk for things like cancer, heart disease and diabetes because of my weight. I feel fat. I look fat. I don't like feeling this way. I don't like looking this way. Most of all, I don't like food sitting on the thrown of my heart in place of my sweet Jesus.
Phil 3:18-19
For many of whom I have often told you and now even tell you with tears, walk as enemies of the cross of Christ. Their end is destruction, and their god is their belly, and they glory in their shame, with minds set on earthly things.

1st Cor 6:20
For you were bought with a price. So glorify God with your body.

The BEAUTIFUL truth:God so gently revealed this sin to me and has already begun an amazing work in me. He has brought me to true repentance and through the Holy Spirit day by day, meal by meal, I am able to make better, healthier, God glorifying choices. To Him be the glory!
2nd Cor 12:9
But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore, I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 

Psalm 73:26
My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. 
Gal 5:16
But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh.
Heb 12:1-2
Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God. 
1st Peter 5:6-10
Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you, casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you. Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. Resist him, firm in your faith, knowing that the same kinds of suffering are being experienced by your brotherhood throughout the world. And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you.

2 comments:

Abbey said...

Amber, thank you for sharing your heart, struggles, triumphs in the Lord! I will be praying for to stand firm in Him as He meets you daily/hourly in how His growing you in this area... Love you!

Bina said...

Thanks for your vulnerability. I struggle in many of the same ways. But I do want to tell you--you are absolutely GORGEOUS inside and out. I remember thinking that the first day I met you!!