Friday, November 21, 2008

Working Moms miss out!

One of the hardest parts about working is missing out. I feel every week that I have missed out on different pieces of my families lives. Bed time kisses and prayers, dinner around the table, interesting stories about what happened at school... Conversations missed with Clint and spending time alone with him after the kids go to bed. While I do get those things on the nights I don't work, its still tough on the nights I do. Last night I missed my first "event" for one of our children. Rather then complaining about missing it I will use the rest of my blogging time to brag about Drew's accomplishment.
Drew absolutely LOVES art! She has been honored for her art at school a few different times. She's been chosen by her teachers as well as her classmates for excellent artwork. Last night she was honored at a district wide awards ceremony for the "Best Book I Ever Read" poster contest!!! Her artwork is be displayed right now at the Lynnwood Library if you want to go check it out.

We are so proud of her!!!

6 comments:

Amber Red said...

Great job drew! So sorry that you are missing this. But I know she knows if you were home you wouldn't miss it for the world. Only a season girl. Praying that it changes soon for you.

Heather said...

I'm so sorry that you missed out on this Amber!

I am so proud of Drew! I think it is awesome that she has an area that she is shining in that she loves doing!

Bina said...

You are an amazing mom! It is so obvious how much you love and bless your family! Congrats to Drew on her artwork!

Anonymous said...

Amber, I know it is hard to miss something. I had to this weekend with Adam's basketball game. He had also made two baskets but I am so proud and know he had a great support team. Here's my new blog site jackieandtheboys Love ya

Melissa Meyer said...

Goodness, it's been so long since you've updated! I bet you're REALLY busy...God bless you, sweet sister. Hopefully you're enjoying the busy :)

Bina said...

How are you? Praying that you are feeling God's sustaining grace and love in this busy season of life!