Saturday, December 26, 2009

Twas the day after Christmas...

...and all through the house, not a creature was stirring, except Mom and Evie.

Aaaaaah, the day after Christmas. A day when I typically rip the tree and decorations down with a vengeance and look about our cozy little home in utter despair wondering how in the heck am I gonna find a place for all this stuff. But this year I will wait until tomorrow to start that process cause we have another Christmas party to attend today. Believe it or not my Mom is hosting a little party today for my sister and I's family. (is I's a word???Help Abbey, help!) I have already titled this event and future blog post "The Atonement Christmas" I can't remember the last time my Mom attended a family holiday function let alone hosted one! Oh wait, I actually do remember the last one she attended. It was our first Christmas in this house and the year Clint proposed to me. And as I ponder that year while writing it was the same year both of my Grandmas past away. That was a crazy year for our family. (Alert, alert...3rd creature officially stirring. Good morning Lilly) Anyways, back to what I was saying. She has bought presents for the kids and is making dinner. She has been calling me like 3 times a day giving me updates on everything she she is doing. It's been a long time since she has seemed this excited and I am happy for her. However, I will not count my chickens until they are hatched. Historically it is like my Mom to suddenly become very ill or even drop of the face of the earth the day before an event. So we will see. I haven't even told the kids about it and I don't plan on it until I hear from her this morning. If it happens they will be pleasantly surprised. But if things in my Moms world suddenly change, my children will be shieled from the pain of disappointment. A disappointment I have endured far to many times in my life.

And I am now laughing at myself because when I decided to go ahead and blog again this morning I was not planning on talking about that at all. I was going to share about our Christmas celebrations...

I'm back. You didn't know I left did ya? I just went to the bedroom to awake my husband by smacking his foot and saying "hey, wheres the camera?" "grunting and throat clearing sounds followed by- I left it at my parents." Boo hoo, because I was gonna show you some pics of my absolutely adorable children. But we will have to wait. Besides Evie is getting fussy and as I see it is now 10 O'clock I better go stir the remaining creatures myself.

Until next time...

4 comments:

Abbey said...

Hope that your mom's event turned out wonderful and that you had a very special time... I'll have to copy your "I am" starter blog... Haven't blogged in SUCH a long time... Oh, and it would be, "My sister's and my family." =) Love you!

Rachel said...

Hope things went well. Share your pictures when you can.

Heather said...

Can't wait to read your blog about the event at your mom's. So thankful that you didn't have to be disappointed this year. Love you!

Amber Red said...

Can't wait for those pictures!